All parts of the certification process are competency-based and the learner is assessed with awareness of individual progress and the competencies necessary to teach using the Dalcroze approach. Two Master Teaching Artists will perform the assessments.
1. Individual exams in eurhythmics, rhythmic solfège, and piano improvisation.
2. History and philosophy paper (five to seven pages--see criteria below)
3. Two videos of teaching demonstrations (see criteria below)
4. Reflection paper (see criteria below)
5. Plastique animée video (see criteria below)
Successful candidates will reach at least a satisfactory level in all elements of the certification process.