Experienced teachers interested in training and certifying others through the American Eurhythmics Society (AES) are invited to apply to become Master Teaching Artists (MTA). Successful candidates will show evidence of the following:
1. Certified through the AES or the Dalcroze Society of America
2. A minimum of three workshops, post-certification, presented to professional audiences
3. At least a Bachelor’s degree in music
4. Current membership in the AES
5. Effective teaching of eurhythmics to adults and children, which includes piano improvisation.
6. Effective teaching of rhythmic solfège to adults and children.
Items to be submitted electronically to the AES Board:
Brief letter of application
Two letters of recommendation from MTAs located at two different summer training centers
Two separate videos of 20-30 minutes in length each, one on eurhythmics with piano improvisations and one on rhythmic solfège. One of the lessons takes place at a summer training center and represents an intermediate/advanced level of teaching material. Both lessons must demonstrate effective teaching of eurhythmics or solfège to adults and children, including demonstrated synthesis/simultaneity of piano improvisation and movement.
Candidates must participate in an Apprenticeship Program where they attend two different AES summer training centers past certification. They will teach multiple sessions at both summer training centers where they can received feedback from MTAs.
Three Master Teaching Artists will review the teaching video and other materials. MTA status is granted by majority rule of three MTAs from three different training centers.
MTAs are deemed by the AES qualified to train, and in collaboration with another MTA, certify those candidates meeting the AES certification standards.